Written by Chris Condoleon on 3rd February, 2013
The boys are back. That is the case and the opening track for Americaâ€™s favourite Irish punk rock band Dropkick Murphys. Coming out with their 8th LP entitled Signed and Sealed in Blood, the Murphys bring back that unique Celtic rock, complete with mandolins and flutes to get you dancing and chanting along with this very anthem-filled album.
Kicking off with some nice acoustic strumming, The Boys Are Back opens the album softly before breaking into the hard-rocking sing-along track that it is, at times harking back to the likes of Thin Lizzy. The traditional Irish sound mixed with heavy guitars and drums continues on through the album, complete with some more interesting instruments, as mentioned above, to deliver a different and fun record.
The third track off the album entitled Rose Tattoo offers some sort of a drinking ballad, whilst The Seasonâ€™s Upon Us tells the story of drinking at Christmas and putting up with those unbearable family members, full of mischief and mayhem.
The whole album is really a lot of fun, singing mostly about drinking and having good times. The songs are complete with a wide range of instruments and chants that the audience members will be able to join in on. All in all, it is another good effort from the American group, which should leave fans pretty satisfied.
- No Use For A Name Frontman Tribute Album To Feature Frank Turner, NOFX, Rise Against + More
- Musicians Send Their Love To Boston In Wake Of Marathon Bombing
- Dropkick Murphys Eject Fan For Nazi Salute During AC/DC Cover
- Watch: Dropkick Murphys New Video ‘Rose Tattoo’
- Dropkick Murphys + Frank Turner Australian Tour 2013 – Bluesfest Sideshows
- Dropkick Murphys – ‘Going Out In Style’