Alf Stewart and his Rape Dungeon have now made it to the big-time, with the parody series set to make its film festival debut at this year’s Sydney Underground Film Festival.
Played by Ray Meagher, the parody shows a very different side of Alf than the loveable but rough owner of the diner down Summer Bay way. Rather, it gives us a more violent, foul-mouthed and much more rape-inclined Alf, we all pretty much associate the name with now.
The best part is, because of the nature of satire, neither Meagher nor the Seven Network can bleep out the swearing, so you’ll be getting every rape reference, every vivid threat, and of course every C-bomb. Showing on the night, which takes place September 8 at Marrickville’s Factory Theatre, will be Summer Bay Slaughter Part One, The Dungeon and Alf Stewart at the Logies.
Created by the still unnamed YouTube user Mr Doodleburger, the clips have amassed a huge 5.4 million views online. Commenting on the success, Doodleburger, who according to SMH will be taking questions at the festival, stated: “It’s just mucking around with mates to have a laugh at, I just posted it to a couple of mates and somehow it went viral.”
The video became viral after it reached public attention back in 2010, when more than 10,000 ‘liked’ Alf Stewart’s Rape Dungeon. In the words of Angry Alf himself, “cunt’s have been fuckin’ goin off about it”.
- Bobby Womack Cancels Tonight’s Sydney Performance Due To Health Reasons
- Prince And 3rd Eye Girl Release Music Video For New Single ‘Fixurlifeup’
- August Burns Red Post Two New Updates From The Studio
- My Chemical Romance’s Gerard Way Contributing To Kids TV Show While Working On New Material
- Study Finds Wielding A Guitar Doubles Men’s Chances Of Scoring A Date