A spokesmen for the UK Supreme Court has stated that the court will tweet it’s decision, which should be reached in the next two to four weeks.
According to a report titled The Unintended Consequence of the Assange Hearing, written by Barbara Gunnell and posted on ABC’s The Drum, two days after Julian Assange’s UK Supreme Court appeal concluded the Supreme Court opened the following Twitter account @UKSupremeCourt
In Gunnell’s report, the ABC journalist points out that Assange’s case is making history as the first to be tweeted from the first bail hearing to the Supreme Court appeal.
Gunnell also highlights the challenge Assange faces in successfully blocking his extradition to Sweden. If Assange wins it means he and his legal team will overturn the 2003 European Framework Decision. The framework was developed in the aftermath of 9/11 and is intended to create efficient cooperation between nations in the event of a potential terrorist threat. Therefore if Assange’s appeal is upheld and the European Arrest Warrant (EAW) found invalid, the 2003 European Framework Decision would be in disarray.
If unsuccessful, Assange will have another avenue of recourse to prevent extradition via the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg.
For more information and updates check out justice4assange.com
In the meantime, check out this video of Assange being interviewed during last year’s Festival of Dangerous Ideas.
- Julian Assange Calls M.I.A. ‘The World’s Finest Megaphone For Truth’
- Julian Assange Opens M.I.A.’s NYC Show
- Julian Assange Spoofs ‘You’re The Voice’ In Satirical Election Rap ‘A Game Of Polls’
- First Look At Benedict Cumberbatch In Character As Julian Assange
- Watch: New Trailer For Julian Assange Telemovie
- Julian Assange 3rd Appeal Against Extradition Denied