In support of his latest film The Campaign, everybody’s favourite Will Ferrell will be making the trip Down Under for the opening night, and I’m sure to get a few laughs here and there as well.
The film features both Farrel and none other than Zach Galifianakis under the watchful eye of director Jay Roach (think Meet The Parents and Austin Powers). The premise of the film is along the lines of Ferrell’s character, a sneaky poli known as Cam Brady running for the top job against his underdog opponent Marty Huggins, a simple, small-time man who’s probably not the sharpest tool, although his election campaigns do include abolishing daylight savings because he hates it when it gets dark early – which would get my vote.
Of course, the people will have their say in the end, with official Facebook pages Brady / Huggins set up for you to pick a side. At this point, there’s less than 30 likes difference, so it’s looking like it’ll be a neck-and-neck election as voters are forced to chose who they would prefer: Huggins, who claims he cares “about what you had for breakfast and what your cat did while you were sleeping”, or Brady, whose 4th of July statements included, “If you don’t puke by the end of the day, stop reflecting and start pounding more food and beer”. Tough call!
Check out a trailer for the movie below, The Campaign will be out August 5.
- RHCP Drummer Says He’s Not Done With Will Ferrell, Plans Combined Charity Show
- Will Ferrell And Chad Smith Form A Supergroup, Cover The Rolling Stones
- Chad Smith Teases Will Ferrell Drum-Off Sequel For This Month
- Lars Ulrich Accepts Will Ferrell And Chad Smith’s Drum Battle Challenge
- Will Ferrell & Chad Smith Set Sights On Lars Ulrich For Next Drum-Off
- Watch Will Ferrell And Chad Smith Drum Off On ‘The Tonight Show’