Look I know, we’ve been just flooded with Irish math rock bands in the last few months, but what’s one more Irish math rock band? The up side is, we get to feel a bit more elitist because only musically inclined knowledgeable cool people can comprehend math rock.
The Cast Of Cheers, who recently took out ‘Most Whimsical Band Name’ at the IRM* (Indie Rock Monthly) awards, are a fast-paced math rock band playing out of Dublin, Ireland. Their music is danceable in a rigidly retarded sort of way. Their first album, Chariot, has been made available for free download (at their Bandcamp) so there’s no excuse for not listening (unless of course you found this page after attempting to Google pics of Ted Danson, in which case you’re probably due for some good music anyway).
Listen to The Cast Of Cheers if you’re into Foals, Battles, Errors and other weird, acutely angular dance music.
*publication may not exist
The Cast Of Cheers – Family
- The New Pollution: # 035 – Cody ChesnuTT
- The New Pollution: # 034 – Modern Rivals
- The New Pollution: # 033 – Mikhael Paskalev
- The New Pollution: # 032 – Here We Go Magic
- The New Pollution: # 031 – Oberhofer
- The New Pollution: # 030 – Beach Fossils