On September 11 this year, music lovers the globe over will be part of officially crashing the interwebs leaving only an xx mark on screens everywhere – at least that’s what we predict judging by the anticipation for London band The xx’s second album to drop. Fans will be downloading like mad what we can tell you (having had a preview) is an 11-track masterpiece.
Coexist, the follow-up to the their Mercury Prize-winning debut, will be released worldwide on September 11 and it’s already lauded as a ‘must have album’ of 2012.
With massive success almost immediately after their first single landed back in 2009, followed by a slew of tour dates around the world showing off a ridiculously accomplished live sound, the trio of Oliver Sim, Jamie Smith (also known as DJ/Producer Jamie xx) and Romy Madley Croft were pretty quiet as a band for much of the last 2 years.
The xx are in Australia this week for 2 intimate shows only (weirdly ahead of the album release). Romy spoke to Music Feeds earlier today and she tells senior journalist Patrick Abboud that until now the band have spent most of their time bunkered up in a studio they built themselves inside an old London apartment recording Coexist…that’s where all the magic happened.
- Jamie xx Says The xx’s New Album Is On Its Way
- The xx Hit Out At Gay Marriage Opponents For Use Of Their Song
- The xx Release Shadowy Video Clip For ‘Fiction’
- Amy Winehouse’s Father Disapproves Of Beyoncé & André 3000’s ‘Back To Black’ Cover
- LISTEN: The xx New Track ‘Together’ From ‘The Great Gatsby’ Soundtrack
- ‘The Great Gatsby’ Soundtrack – New Music From Jay-Z, Florence, Lana Del Rey, The xx & Loads More