Django Django are undoubtedly one of the more highly anticipated exports for Splendour this year, and after seeing them live, I can confirm the hype is well deserved. Awkwardly shuffling on stage in uniform tie-dyed T-shirts and denim cut-offs, the band gradually built into their opening number with booming percussions, psychedelic synths and lush harmonies emitting an Eastern feel.
Playing a selection of tracks including Fire Water, Waveforms and Skies over Cairo, the crowd went absolutely nuts for Default with violent dance moves occurring all around me. What impressed me the most about these guys was their diversity, effortlessly weaving in and out of genres and keeping the audience mesmerised. Ending with the beachy power chords of Wor, they exited the stage to rapturous applause.
- Alt-J And Django Django Secret Performances Kick Off Glastonbury 2013
- Watch: Django Django Cheat Death With New Video ‘Wor’
- Django Django, The Metro – 11/01/2013
- Django Django Australian Tour, January 2013 – Falls/Field Day Sideshows
- Django Django, Oxford Art Factory – 01/08/2012