British female superstar Adele is now really Rolling in the Deep – she’s pregnant with her first child.
A rep for the global chart-topper confirmed she is expecting a child with her boyfriend Simon Konecki, after she posted the following message on her website.
“I’m delighted to announce that Simon and I are expecting our first child together. I wanted you to hear the news direct from me, obviously we’re over the moon and very excited but please respect our privacy at this precious time”, she said on the website.
Adele didn’t shed any light on how far along she is or what sex the child is going to be.
The 24-year-old singer has been dating Konecki, 37, since the start of this year. Konecki was once married to stylist Clary Fisher and has a five-year-old daughter to his ex-wife.
The news of Adele’s pregnancy comes as she continues to own the Australian album charts.
Anyone who hasn’t bought her album 21 yet, clearly did so in the first half of this year – with 21 topping the half-yearly ARIA sales charts.
Herald Sun reported that Adele is leading fellow UK sensations One Direction as this year’s highest seller, with the latest records from Hilltop Hoods, Lana Del Rey and The Black Keys rounding out the top five.
- Will The New Band Aid Christmas Single Really Help Fight Ebola?
- Aretha Franklin’s Adele Cover Gets All The R-E-S-P-E-C-T
- Jack White Apologises For The Last Two Weeks
- Adele And PJ Harvey Awarded MBEs
- New Poll Shows Americans Agree On Nothing Except Dislike Of Justin Bieber
- 1 Billion Singles Downloaded In UK, Gotye Places In All-Time Top 10