With only a few weeks left until the 2013 edition of Big Day Out rolls around the country, one of the underdogs of the festival, Against Me! have found themselves in a slight bit of trouble. The Music Network reports that drummer Jay Weinberg took to Twitter to announce his departure, confessing, “I want to let you all know that I am leaving Against Me!, and I wish them all the best.”
Shortly after this, frontwoman Laura Jane Grace also took to Twitter, posting several recruitment messages (See Tweets below).
Jay Weinberg had only been with the band since 2010; however, as evidenced above, finding a new drummer seems to be the band’s current issue. Maybe they could enlist the likes of OFF!’s Mario Rubalcaba, that could be some fun.
- Against Me! Bassist Adam Seward Quits, Laura Jane Questions Future Of Band
- Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace Talks Her First Year As A Woman
- Victoria Police Seek Power To Deny Drug Offenders Entry To Music Festivals
- Foals Announce New Australian Tour, September 2013
- Foals to Enter Shikari: “Go Fuck Yourselves”