Soundwave promoter AJ Maddah and breakthrough songstress Kimbra will be speaking about their careers in depth at this year’s Face The Music conference. The occasion has been made even more rare by the fact that it will be the first time either have spoken at an industry conference.
Both considered international heavyweights in their respective fields, the two will be interviewed one-on-one style for a one-of-a-kind In Conversation session. Topics of discussion will include Maddah’s rep as an absolute madman, as well as his approach to branding both himself and his two genre-divergent festivals. Kimbra, who has returned after spending months taking the world by storm, will be detailing the influences and stories behind her songwriting and her eclectic range of collabs, as well as providing scarce insight into the mind of “one of Australia’s most sought-after female solo artists”.
The non-profit event held in Melbourne will host an array of appearances from various movers and shakers throughout the industry, such as Chet Faker, Dave Ruby Howe, Cael Fenby (Destroy All Lines), Luke Logemann (UNFD) and Stu Harvey. To check out the full lineup, hop over to the offical website.
Organisers do recommend that you register to keep abreast of all the happenings, including ticket sales. Tickets will be $45 ($30 concession) for one day or $70 ($50 concession) for two days, which is great value for what is sure to be an enlightening couple of days.
- AJ Maddah: ‘Hope To Announce Soundwave 2014 Third Lineup Announcement Before Christmas’
- AJ Maddah Drops New Hints About Blur’s Big Day Out Replacement
- AJ Maddah Says That Festivals Need To Regain Public Trust, Reduce Bar Queues And Treat Fans Like Bosses
- AJ Maddah Says Blur Replacement May Be Announced This Week
- Kimbra And Daniel Johns Perform With Van Dyke Parks