Soundwave promoter AJ Maddah and breakthrough songstress Kimbra will be speaking about their careers in depth at this year’s Face The Music conference. The occasion has been made even more rare by the fact that it will be the first time either have spoken at an industry conference.
Both considered international heavyweights in their respective fields, the two will be interviewed one-on-one style for a one-of-a-kind In Conversation session. Topics of discussion will include Maddah’s rep as an absolute madman, as well as his approach to branding both himself and his two genre-divergent festivals. Kimbra, who has returned after spending months taking the world by storm, will be detailing the influences and stories behind her songwriting and her eclectic range of collabs, as well as providing scarce insight into the mind of “one of Australia’s most sought-after female solo artists”.
The non-profit event held in Melbourne will host an array of appearances from various movers and shakers throughout the industry, such as Chet Faker, Dave Ruby Howe, Cael Fenby (Destroy All Lines), Luke Logemann (UNFD) and Stu Harvey. To check out the full lineup, hop over to the offical website.
Organisers do recommend that you register to keep abreast of all the happenings, including ticket sales. Tickets will be $45 ($30 concession) for one day or $70 ($50 concession) for two days, which is great value for what is sure to be an enlightening couple of days.
- Soundwave Third Lineup Announce Coming This Wednesday
- Watch Kimbra Learn How To Eat A Cookie Like A Pro
- Third Soundwave Announcement, Timetables Coming “Before Christmas”
- Are These The Most Powerful People In The Australian Music Industry?
- Second Soundwave Lineup Postponed, One New Act Added
- Soundwave 2015’s Second Lineup Announce Coming “In The Next 10 Days”