Musician Matt Skiba has revealed a new solo venture Matt Skiba and the Sekrets. Skiba, most well known for his role as founding member of the punk rock group Alkaline Trio, has teamed up with other name players for the project including My Chemical Romance drummer Jarrod Alexander and AFI Bassist Hunter Burgan.
“Creating a record on my own and deciding who plays and how the songs were structured, it was fun to do. I love working with my band-mates in Alk3 but to make a rock record that was just mine was something that I wanted to do,” explains Skiba. With various musical influences contributing to the overall sound, the result is dancy, catchy rock in the vein of Alkaline Trio with elements of 80′s post punk.
Signing with label Superball Music (Dredg, …And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead), Skiba commented on the union: “I am so delighted to be working with Superball Music. It was extremely important for the Matt Skiba and the Sekrets project to find the proper home. I am honored and ecstatic to have found a label that is as enthusiastic about this project as I am. I am very thankful to have Superball in my corner and look forward to the growth of our relationship and to the growth of this project.”
His first album Babylon is set for release in early 2012.
- Blink-182, Fall Out Boy And Motörhead Top Absolutely Massive Riot Fest 2013 Lineup
- Watch: AFI Post Epic Cryptic Message On Website
- Interview: Fall Out Boy – Saving Rock And Roll (Part 3)
- Fall Out Boy On My Chemical Romance Split – “You Have To Live Your Life”
- My Chemical Romance Fans Start Petition For Farewell Tour