EDM icons Swedish House Mafia are known for their massive live show parties, though a recent performance in Dublin crossed the line between being one beer away from waking up with a tiger in the bathroom and a baby in the wardrobe, and total chaos.
Reports have recently come in of up to 9 people being stabbed and one overdose resulting in a fatality. Woah, Irish fans, you’re not doing it right at all! According to Stoney Road, a spokesperson for the venue, the managing director of Pheonix Park, Denis Desmond, has stated that “Ticket holders entering the site were subject to a search permissible by law. Every precaution, as far as possible, was taken to ensure the safety and security of the audience at all times. Despite our best efforts – with security and guard personnel levels well in excess of the required numbers for a licensed event of this size – there is only so much one can do to combat anti-social behaviour.”
They have also stated that a man has been arrested in connection with the stabbings and that an unnamed man, apparently in the early 20s age bracket, overdosed on drugs and later died. This has put an irreversible scar on the image of the band, who are currently wrapping up a series of shows for a farewell tour.
It is a shame that because one or two people couldn’t handle the shit they’re into, others need to suffer, something the EDM scene really did not need as they are already walking a thin line.
- Calvin Harris Tops World’s Highest Paid DJs List For 2013
- Axwell Releases First Post-Swedish House Mafia Track ‘Center Of The Universe’
- Ultra Music Festival To Scale Back In 2014
- Swedish House Mafia Light Up Soggy Sidney Myer Music Bowl
- Swedish House Mafia Open Melbourne Pop-Up Store, Tease Appearance
- Swedish House Mafia Australian Tour Set Times Announced