It’s starting to become more of a question of who won’t join the Rolling Stones as a special guest on their 50 And Counting tour, rather than who will, and Arcade Fire frontman Win Butler is no exception having joined Mick, Keef and company onstage at their show in Montreal this Sunday night to perform The Last Time. You can view footage from the show below.
The news that the appearance was scheduled was broken by The Stones on their official Twitter account and confirmed not long after by a tweet from Arcade Fire. Butler is no stranger to the Stones, having backed Mick Jagger when he hosted the Saturday Night Live season finale last year.
Former guests on the
world everywhere-but-Australia-and-maybe-Kazakhstan tour have included Taylor Swift, Tom Waits, Gwen Stefani, Katy Perry, John Mayer and even Dave Grohl, who joined them to play Bitch from their seminal Sticky Fingers album.
Arcade Fire have been working on the follow-up to 2010′s The Suburbs with producer James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem fame, who has said, “It’s going to be a really great record.”
WATCH: Arcade Fire’s Win Butler and Rolling Stones perform The Last Time
— The Rolling Stones (@RollingStones) June 7, 2013
— Arcade Fire (@arcadefire) June 7, 2013
- Rolling Stones Australian Tour Tickets Being Scalped For $3,000
- Noel Gallagher: “Arcade Fire Need To Pry Themselves Out Of Their Own Asshole”
- Michael Gudinski: “I Never Thought I’d Be Working With The Rolling Stones”
- Courtney Barnett, Pond, Jagwar Ma Top NME’s 2013 Top 50 Lists
- 30 Seconds To Mars Switch Melbourne Venue To Satisfy Rolling Stones