Say what you will about the official theme song Survival by Muse or the new Dizzee Rascal tune Scream, also to be played throughout the London 2012 Games, but at least the selection committee in charge of choosing the tunes are trying to select legitimate acts as opposed to whoever the current ‘it’ act is.
Blur are signed on to headline the closing concert for the London Olympics on August 12th at Hyde Park, a gig that will not spell the end of the band; and now it’s looking a strong chance that the Arctic Monkey’s could play during the opening ceremony tomorrow.
Last month NME reported on a leaked document that supposedly contained a list of names performing at the opening ceremony, including Arctic Monkeys, Muse, Happy Mondays, MIA and Adele.
Further evidence of a possible performance by the Arctic Monkeys came yesterday after Argentinean journalist Juan Martin Rinaldi tweeted a photo (embedded below) of the band’s frontman Alex Turner rehearsing at the London’s Olympic Stadium. NME noted the rehearsal could just as easily be for the closing ceremony, and the Arctic Monkey’s representation could neither confirm nor deny the reports.
- Josh Homme’s Awkward First Meeting With Arctic Monkeys Crushed Any “Cool-Guy BS”
- Arctic Monkeys Involved In Tax Avoidance Scheme
- Watch An Arctic Monkeys Fan Lose It In The ‘Snap Out Of It’ Video
- Watch Cloud Control & The Rubens Cover Arctic Monkeys’ ‘Do I Wanna Know?’
- The Orwells Compare Arctic Monkeys To “Hip Backstreet Boys”