Enter Shikari drummer Rob Ralfe has told Gigwise that fellow UK band Arctic Monkeys were the worst festival headliner that he’d ever seen, following Shikari’s set at the UK’s Reading Festival.
In the interview, which you can check out below, frontman Rou Reynolds and drummer Ralfe spoke about the possibility of the band one day headlining the festival, with Reynolds saying “Obviously it’s not something that we’re expecting or particularly striving for but who knows?” The band had been booked as the headliner for the festival’s “Lock Up Stage.”
When asked what makes a good festival headliner, Rob told the interviewer “You need good production. Sometimes I feel a bit cheated when a headline band don’t have any production. You’ve got to put on a good show.” When the interviewer asked who the worst festival headliner they’d ever seen was, Ralfe replied “Arctic Monkeys. I’m not a big fan of them anyway so maybe I’m quite biased.”
With the Arctics keen to tour soon, perhaps they’ll have a chance to prove Enter Shikari wrong?
Watch: Enter Shikari Gigwise Interview At Reading Festival
- Josh Homme’s Awkward First Meeting With Arctic Monkeys Crushed Any “Cool-Guy BS”
- Arctic Monkeys Involved In Tax Avoidance Scheme
- Watch An Arctic Monkeys Fan Lose It In The ‘Snap Out Of It’ Video
- Watch Cloud Control & The Rubens Cover Arctic Monkeys’ ‘Do I Wanna Know?’
- The Orwells Compare Arctic Monkeys To “Hip Backstreet Boys”