Image for Axl Rose To Sue Guitar Hero

Axl Rose To Sue Guitar Hero

Written by Mike Hohnen on August 16, 2012

It’s starting to look as though Axl Rose is trying to lose fans. In his latest attempt to come off as the biggest douche in music, Rose has announced plans to sue Activision after he believes they breached the contract between Guns N Roses and Guitar Hero.

It would appear that Rose was not impressed by the fact that creators of the hugely successful game included the band’s mega hit Welcome to the Jungle in their selection of MIDI tunes, despite claims from Activision that “Rose had no authority to enter into a license for Welcome to the Jungle in his individual capacity because he does not own the song of the sound recording”.

This will be his second attempt to take the gaming powerhouse to court. In 2010, according to The Music Network, Rose set his target firmly on Guitar Hero after they “had been intentionally concealing its plans to use Velvet Revolver and Slash in the game all along,” or so says Rose’s attorney, Skip Miller. Jeez imagine having that gig.

Despite the court initially dismissing the claims after it was determined Rose left it too late to complain under current copyright laws in the USA (and lets face it, most of us would have 100% on that song by now anyway) it was then declared that his case could hold water, and a court date was set for February next year.

You’d think that Rose would be kinder to his fans after one particular UK Gunners fanatic offered to donate part of his $252 million lottery earnings to a reunion tour for the band. That’s a solid amount of cheese, though according to Slash, who commented to CNN, it won’t work: “I don’t think it’s a matter of money; it really isn’t…I think you’ve got a situation where nobody involved wants to revisit.”

Given all the Activision hubbub, clearly it is a little bit about money.

Join Music Feeds on Facebook

More On Music Feeds

News

Promoters Say Tyler, The Creator Has Not Been “Banned” From Australia, Yet

Promoters of Tyler, The Creator‘s upcoming Australian tour have denied reports that the rapper has been refused a visa into the country after he himself took to Twitter overnight to announce he has been “banned” from entering the country.

Gig Reviews

The Wombats, Circa Waves – Sydney, Hordern Pavilion 27/7/15

You know it’s the Monday after Splendour when there’s a guy on someone’s shoulders still waving a gumboot around in the air – we get it, no one’s quite ready to let the weekend go.

News

Rudimental Announce Australian Headline Tour

British dance group Rudimental are already heading to Australia later this year to support Ed Sheeran on his arena dates and now they have added headline shows.

News

Another Act Has Just Confirmed Themselves For Laneway 2016

Hudson Mohawke has already let his place on the Laneway 2016 lineup slip and now it looks like another act has followed suit.

News

Tyler, The Creator Says He’s Been “Banned” From Australia

We were only a matter of months away from seeing rapper Tyler, The Creator in Australia but now a dark cloud of uncertainty has been cast over those plans.

News

Snoop Dogg Calls ‘Racial Profiling’ Following Brief Drug Arrest In Sweden

Snoop Dogg has vowed never to return to Sweden, after he was briefly arrested on suspicion of drug use following a concert there.

Around the web

This May Also Interest You