As you can see in the below picture, Baroness and their people were seriously lucky dudes after their tour bus plummeted off course in Monkton Combe, UK. It was discovered that the bus brakes totally crapped themselves, but as BBC Reports, the blame has been placed squarely on the driver.
In April, Norman Markus will front court on charges of scheduling “insufficient daily and weekly rest periods” as well as “using a vehicle in a condition likely to cause danger of injury,” and piloting said vehicle without the proper licence. It’s believed as a result of these, the bus veered off the road and into the bush, colliding with a guardrail at 50 mph.
Many on board received serious injuries from the crash, including band member John Baizley, who underwent 8 hours of surgery to rebuild his arm. The remainder of their 2012 shows were cancelled and the band are only now in a position to perform live again. They have also mentioned that new material will be coming soon now that they have wrapped up their “pain and struggle” physical rehab.
- Mastodon, Gojira, Baroness – Palace Theatre, Melbourne 25/02/14
- Mastodon, Baroness, Gojira Sidewaves Announced
- Mastodon, Baroness, Gojira Co-Headline Sidewaves Confirmed
- Soundwave 2014 Lineup: Know Your Festival
- Metal Band Baroness Injured After Tour Bus Crash