It would appear an external contractor hired by Big Day Out to preside over the big-screen TV at the festival’s Gold Coast stopover went mad with power. That’s really the only excuse we can come up with as to why the “the rogue contract technician” thought it would be a good idea to try and coerce women to expose themselves in front of thousands of onlookers.
According to reports from a witness posted on Big Day Out’s official Facebook page, “Technicians encouraged girls to publicly expose themselves to a few thousand people on the big screen with ‘Get em out’.” The words apparently flashed on the big screen and, by the sounds of things, their intention was pretty obvious.
The original post was quickly removed, but Big Day Out were forced to comment on the situation after a screenshot of the initial post was reposted on the BDO Facebook wall. Organisers were quick to deplore the technician’s actions, explaining, “Big Day Out does not support the sexualisation of any of our audience, whether male or female.”
They also confirmed that “the individual has been identified and has been replaced”.
Check out photos from Big day Out Gold Coast below…
- Big Day Out 2014 Members Pre-Sale Sold Out
- Big Day Out 2014 Dates & Lineup Announcement Details Leaked
- Big Day Out 2014 Planning More Venue Changes
- Victoria Police Seek Power To Deny Drug Offenders Entry To Music Festivals
- Foals Announce New Australian Tour, September 2013
- Foals to Enter Shikari: “Go Fuck Yourselves”