Biffy Clyro unveiled the artwork for their brand new album Opposites in unique fashion overnight – via a Twitter hashtag overload.
Every time a fan tweeted the band with the hashtag #biffyopposites, a piece of the artwork was revealed on Biffy’s website until the entire album sleeve was revealed. NME reports that the hastag was used a whopping 9,000+ times in just 12 hours.
The Scottish rockers brought in longtime artwork collaborator Storm Thorgerson to do the cover for Opposites. Thorgerson – who has also done cover art for the likes of Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and Muse – designed the artwork for the band’s previous two albums Only Revolutions and Puzzle.
Opposites – which was produced by Garth Richardson in Los Angeles earlier this year – will be released in either January or February 2013. NME reports that the album will consist of 20-tracks and will be split into two sections, The Sand at the Core of Our Bones and The Land at the End of Our Toes. Can I hear the words ‘double album’ ringing in your ears?
Biffy Clyro last visited our shores in December 2010, where they supported Muse on their arena tour, and did a couple of their own shows as well. There’s no news just yet on when they’ll be down here again.
- Biffy Clyro, Calling All Cars – Brisbane, The Tivoli 04/09/14
- Calling All Cars Returning To Australia For Biffy Clyro Tour
- Biffy Clyro September 2014 Tour Dates Announced
- Biffy Clyro Sidewaves Announced
- Soundwave 2014 Lineup: Know Your Festival
- Biffy Clyro, Muse, The Killers Amongst 2013 NME Awards Winners – One Direction Not So Much