Perpare yourselves Perth, as the Big Day Out torch has now been handed to you as the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Killers and all the rest make their way to your city.
The WA leg of the festival has been disproportionally represented in the media lately, given the battle between organisers and local officials, but politics are sure not to dampen what is expected to be a friggin’ awesome day, especially given the fact that organisers have promised you a full day of live music and good times, despite talk of cutting things short by one hour.
In order to keep things running smoothly, we’ve got the set times, maps and other transport information here for you. You may want to bookmark this page – if you’re going with a group, you’ll be the hero of the day.
Big Day Out 2013 Perth Set Times
Big Day Out 2013 Perth Map
Perth Big Day out Transport Info
Travel to and from the Big Day Out with Transperth
To plan your journey, use the Transperth JourneyPlanner or call the Transperth InfoLine on 13 62 13 (TIS: 13 14 50) Hearing or speech impaired? Call via NRS 133 677 and ask for 13 62 13.
Event and ticket information
The Big Day Out (BDO) will be held at Claremont Showground on Monday 28 January 2013.
Public transport is the easiest way to get to and from the Big Day Out. The event is joint ticketed which means your ticket to the BDO includes travel on all Transperth services, for three hours before, during and after the event until end of service. Simply show your ticket to the driver or inspector on your way to the event and your wrist band on the way home. Patrons collecting tickets at the venue are only entitled to travel once they have possession of the ticket.
*Post-event travel is subject to last timetabled services.
The following services will operate on the day:
A normal Sunday/Public Holiday timetable will apply, with additional services operating on all lines.
Going to the festival, there will be extra capacity on Fremantle Line services and they will stop at Showgrounds Station all day from approximately 9.15am.
After the event, special event and timetabled services with extra capacity will depart from Showgrounds Station. The last trains from Showgrounds Station will be:
- To Perth: Departs at 11.45pm
- To Fremantle: Departs Platform 2 at 11.43pm.
The last connecting trains will depart Perth at the following times:
- Armadale Line: Departing Perth Station (Platform 6) at 12am midnight, stopping all stations to Armadale
- Thornlie Line: Departing Perth Station (Platform 4) at 11.52pm
- Joondalup Line: Departing Perth Underground Station at 12.15am
- Midland Line: Departing from Perth Station (Platform 7) at 12.00 midnight
- Mandurah Line: Departing Perth Underground Station at 12.17am.
It is important to note that people wanting to use connecting services on the Armadale/Thornlie, Joondalup, Mandurah and Midland lines will need to depart the Showgrounds at least 15-20 minutes prior to all scheduled departures from Perth, as the last services from Showgrounds Station do not connect with services leaving Perth.
Passengers are asked to plan their journey by using the Transperth JourneyPlanner.
Please note that Transperth buses will operate to a Sunday/Public Holiday timetable. There will be no additional bus services operating on the day, and no additional bus services at suburban stations for connections with the extra train services being provided.
For more information head to transperth.wa.gov.au
- Big Day Out 2014 Members Pre-Sale Sold Out
- Big Day Out 2014 Dates & Lineup Announcement Details Leaked
- Big Day Out 2014 Planning More Venue Changes
- Victoria Police Seek Power To Deny Drug Offenders Entry To Music Festivals
- Foals Announce New Australian Tour, September 2013
- Foals to Enter Shikari: “Go Fuck Yourselves”