The Big Day Out kicked off in Adelaide at 11am today, however punters have failed to turn out at the event. There are wide open spaces at the Adelaide Showgrounds, and adelaidenow reports that only 12,000 people are expected to go through the gates by the end of the show tonight. This is less than half of the 30,000 punters who turned out in Adelaide last year.
The news comes after Big Day Out organisers were forced to downsize the event due to poor ticket sales early on. The venues were downgraded and Kanye West was removed from the Adelaide and Perth line-ups.
Crowds were also atrocious in New Zealand when the 2012 event kicked off, however the Sydney and Gold Coast events both saw decent crowds.
Big Day Out promoter Ken West recently announced a partnership with C3 events to enable the festival to continue in 2013. Fingers crossed 2012 won’t be the last year for Adelaide and Perth…
- Listen: Kasabian Release ‘Narcotic Farm II’
- Big Day Out 2012 Ticket Sales The Worst In Years
- Fred Dust Dedicates Australian Tour To Jessica Michalik
- Big Day Out 2012 – Perth: Set Times, Maps + Transport
- Big Day Out 2012 – Adelaide: Set Times, Maps + Transport
- Fred Durst Comments On Big Day Out D-Barrier Removal