Festival organisers have announced this morning that Billy Corgan from the Smashing Pumpkins will be joining the Splendour forum as a special guest with Wil Anderson on ‘Wil Does Parky’. The legendary indie icon will join Anderson, who hosts ABC-TV’s Gruen series, for a chat and some audience Q&A on his entertaining Parkinson-style interview show.
A wide range of guests will also be appearing, including Independent MP Rob Oakeshott, controversial Splendid artist and Australian Occupy movement key player Carl Scrase, and Twitter journalist Asher Wolf – Saturday 4pm – 5.15pm.
Other forum speakers will include triple j personalities Tom Ballad, Jon Safran, Marc Fennell & Zan Rowe; media and political figures such as Dom Knight and Rob Oakeshott; and a slew of other musical acts such as Kav Temperley, Josh Pyke, Kram, Bertie Blackman and Nina Las Vegas (the last two featuring in the return of popular forum, Women of Letters).
Two new music documentaries will be screened: tour doco Big Easy Express featuring Mumford & Sons and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros; and Shihad: Beautiful Machine, a doco that chronicles the rise and fall of the New Zealand rock band. You can check out the full schedule here.
- Billy Corgan Slams Christian Rock But Says God Is The Future Of Music
- Marilyn Manson Tells Larry King: “Billy Corgan Got Mad At Me For Saying He Looked Like Charlie Brown”
- Billy ‘Bingo’ Corgan Hosts Monthly Bingo Nights At Chicago Tea House
- Smashing Pumpkins Begin Work On New Album
- Billy Corgan Lays The Smack Down In Bizarre Furniture Commercial