Festival organisers have announced this morning that Billy Corgan from the Smashing Pumpkins will be joining the Splendour forum as a special guest with Wil Anderson on ‘Wil Does Parky’. The legendary indie icon will join Anderson, who hosts ABC-TV’s Gruen series, for a chat and some audience Q&A on his entertaining Parkinson-style interview show.
A wide range of guests will also be appearing, including Independent MP Rob Oakeshott, controversial Splendid artist and Australian Occupy movement key player Carl Scrase, and Twitter journalist Asher Wolf – Saturday 4pm – 5.15pm.
Other forum speakers will include triple j personalities Tom Ballad, Jon Safran, Marc Fennell & Zan Rowe; media and political figures such as Dom Knight and Rob Oakeshott; and a slew of other musical acts such as Kav Temperley, Josh Pyke, Kram, Bertie Blackman and Nina Las Vegas (the last two featuring in the return of popular forum, Women of Letters).
Two new music documentaries will be screened: tour doco Big Easy Express featuring Mumford & Sons and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros; and Shihad: Beautiful Machine, a doco that chronicles the rise and fall of the New Zealand rock band. You can check out the full schedule here.
- Here’s How Billy Corgan Would Handle A Kanye West Stage Invasion
- Billy Corgan Says There’s No Thirst For Culture In Adelaide
- Billy Corgan Says Modern Rock Isn’t Ambitious Enough
- Sonic Youth’s Kim Gordon Is Sledging All Your Favourite ’90s Acts In Her New Memoir
- Watch Billy Corgan Get Emotional In Smashing Pumpkins ‘Being Beige’ Video
- Billy Corgan Says Smashing Pumpkins Shouldn’t Be “Arty” Anymore