Festival organisers have announced this morning that Billy Corgan from the Smashing Pumpkins will be joining the Splendour forum as a special guest with Wil Anderson on ‘Wil Does Parky’. The legendary indie icon will join Anderson, who hosts ABC-TV’s Gruen series, for a chat and some audience Q&A on his entertaining Parkinson-style interview show.
A wide range of guests will also be appearing, including Independent MP Rob Oakeshott, controversial Splendid artist and Australian Occupy movement key player Carl Scrase, and Twitter journalist Asher Wolf – Saturday 4pm – 5.15pm.
Other forum speakers will include triple j personalities Tom Ballad, Jon Safran, Marc Fennell & Zan Rowe; media and political figures such as Dom Knight and Rob Oakeshott; and a slew of other musical acts such as Kav Temperley, Josh Pyke, Kram, Bertie Blackman and Nina Las Vegas (the last two featuring in the return of popular forum, Women of Letters).
Two new music documentaries will be screened: tour doco Big Easy Express featuring Mumford & Sons and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros; and Shihad: Beautiful Machine, a doco that chronicles the rise and fall of the New Zealand rock band. You can check out the full schedule here.
- Billy Corgan Hits Back At CNN’s “Off His Alternative Rocker” Jibe
- The Smashing Pumpkins Pair With Tommy Lee For New Track ‘Being Beige’
- Billy Corgan To Disband Smashing Pumpkins If New Albums Flop
- Smashing Pumpkins Have Lost Yet Another Drummer
- Billy Corgan Explains “Indescribably Epic” Tommy Lee Collaboration
- Tommy Lee Drumming On The Smashing Pumpkins’ New Album