Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan has spoken in a recent interview about a current project that will see him create a reality TV show focussing on his new Chicago-based wrestling company named Resistance Pro, which he launched last year. The show will see a behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to get the whole production that is ‘Professional Wrestling’ up and running each and every event.
“I’m doing a lot of behind the scenes stuff. We’re trying to get a reality show made”, Corgan said. “We just signed a deal with a big reality show producer. A guy with an incredible track record. We’re in good hands.
“We believe that wrestling is fascinating on many many levels. Socially, politically, even economically. The struggles independent wrestlers go through to try to find work. Those are real struggles that anybody can identify with. We want to show what goes on in a wrestling company behind the scenes.
“I’ve had like nine or ten meetings so far about it. With different people. A lot of them wanted to know if this would be your typical manufactured reality show and I told them that with a wrestling company, you don’t have to manufacture reality. There’s plenty of it to go around.”
- Billy Corgan Slams Christian Rock But Says God Is The Future Of Music
- Marilyn Manson Tells Larry King: “Billy Corgan Got Mad At Me For Saying He Looked Like Charlie Brown”
- Billy ‘Bingo’ Corgan Hosts Monthly Bingo Nights At Chicago Tea House
- Smashing Pumpkins Begin Work On New Album
- Billy Corgan Lays The Smack Down In Bizarre Furniture Commercial