Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan has spoken in a recent interview about a current project that will see him create a reality TV show focussing on his new Chicago-based wrestling company named Resistance Pro, which he launched last year. The show will see a behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to get the whole production that is ‘Professional Wrestling’ up and running each and every event.
“I’m doing a lot of behind the scenes stuff. We’re trying to get a reality show made”, Corgan said. “We just signed a deal with a big reality show producer. A guy with an incredible track record. We’re in good hands.
“We believe that wrestling is fascinating on many many levels. Socially, politically, even economically. The struggles independent wrestlers go through to try to find work. Those are real struggles that anybody can identify with. We want to show what goes on in a wrestling company behind the scenes.
“I’ve had like nine or ten meetings so far about it. With different people. A lot of them wanted to know if this would be your typical manufactured reality show and I told them that with a wrestling company, you don’t have to manufacture reality. There’s plenty of it to go around.”
- Here’s How Billy Corgan Would Handle A Kanye West Stage Invasion
- Billy Corgan Says There’s No Thirst For Culture In Adelaide
- Billy Corgan Says Modern Rock Isn’t Ambitious Enough
- Sonic Youth’s Kim Gordon Is Sledging All Your Favourite ’90s Acts In Her New Memoir
- Watch Billy Corgan Get Emotional In Smashing Pumpkins ‘Being Beige’ Video
- Billy Corgan Says Smashing Pumpkins Shouldn’t Be “Arty” Anymore