The Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan has suggested in a recent interview with The Daily Beast that the band could continue on without him.
Corgan mentioned in the interview that if he decides to retire from the band, he might still stay in the background and write songs.
“Maybe there comes a point like Kiss, where Kiss is going to continue without Gene [Simmons] and Paul [Stanley].”
“Maybe there’ll come a point in Smashing Pumpkins history where this band will continue on without me. I’ll just write songs.”
The Smashing Pumpkins will headline the final night of Splendour in the Grass in Byron Bay next weekend – and as far as we know, he’ll be performing with them!
Do you reckon The Smashing Pumpkins could continue on without Billy Corgan? Let us know in your comments below.
- Billy Corgan: “The Future Of The Smashing Pumpkins Is Kind Of Murky”
- The Best Videos From Soundwave 2015, Part 2
- Watch: Marilyn Manson Joins Smashing Pumpkins On Stage At Soundwave Sydney
- Here’s How Billy Corgan Would Handle A Kanye West Stage Invasion
- Billy Corgan Says There’s No Thirst For Culture In Adelaide
- Smashing Pumpkins, Gerard Way – Melbourne, Festival Hall 23/02/15