The Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan has suggested in a recent interview with The Daily Beast that the band could continue on without him.
Corgan mentioned in the interview that if he decides to retire from the band, he might still stay in the background and write songs.
“Maybe there comes a point like Kiss, where Kiss is going to continue without Gene [Simmons] and Paul [Stanley].”
“Maybe there’ll come a point in Smashing Pumpkins history where this band will continue on without me. I’ll just write songs.”
The Smashing Pumpkins will headline the final night of Splendour in the Grass in Byron Bay next weekend – and as far as we know, he’ll be performing with them!
Do you reckon The Smashing Pumpkins could continue on without Billy Corgan? Let us know in your comments below.
- Billy ‘Bingo’ Corgan Hosts Monthly Bingo Nights At Chicago Tea House
- Smashing Pumpkins Begin Work On New Album
- Smashing Pumpkins New Album In 2014? – World Tour Dates Announced
- Billy Corgan Lays The Smack Down In Bizarre Furniture Commercial
- James Iha Says ‘Never Say Never’ on Smashing Pumpkins Reunion