The Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan has declared he wants one of his own songs played at his funeral – the band’s track Today.
Diffuser reports that Canadian mag Exclaim posed the question to Corgan during a questionnaire-styled interview with him recently – where he nominated the track from their album Siamese Dream as a song for people to remember him by.
“That’s a good question. Probably one of my own. I’m going out putting myself over. I don’t know what song I’d pick … probably something incredibly ironic, like ‘Today’. There he is lying in the casket, ‘Today is the greatest day’.”
Read the rest of the interview with the magazine here.
The Smashing Pumpkins will be in Australia later this month to headline the final night of Splendour in the Grass and play shows in Perth, Melbourne, and Sydney. Promoters have declared that the Pumpkins will have a unique stage setup for the shows – and will play their new album Oceania in full along with some of their greatest hits. For all the info on those dates, click here.
- Billy ‘Bingo’ Corgan Hosts Monthly Bingo Nights At Chicago Tea House
- Smashing Pumpkins Begin Work On New Album
- Smashing Pumpkins New Album In 2014? – World Tour Dates Announced
- Billy Corgan Lays The Smack Down In Bizarre Furniture Commercial
- James Iha Says ‘Never Say Never’ on Smashing Pumpkins Reunion