Billy Talent are one of many Sydney Soundwave acts on Stage 2 that were effected by the delay of 2 cargo trucks carrying the equipment for several acts. The delays have led to the Garbage cancelling their set while other bands such as Blink-182, The Offspring and Paramore have had their set times elongated or rearranged.
Fortunately for fans of Billy Talent, the Canadian punk outfit proved to be a resourceful bunch. As band members Ian D’Sa and Jonathan Gallant explained when speaking with Music Feeds backstage at Soundwave, bands scheduled to play on Stage 2 were in a scramble to get their hands on any gear after a truck went missing between Brisbane and Sydney due to yesterday’s horrid weather.
As luck would have it, Gallant’s plight was overheard by the band’s bus driver, who promptly took a detour via his house to lend the Billy Talent bassist his own Stingray Bass Guitar. Meanwhile, D’Sa took a trip to an Allan’s Billy Hyde Music Store and purchased a cheap Fender Squire, which the lead guitarist then promptly destroyed after Billy Talent’s set, to the chagrine of stage crew desperate for gear.
Check out a portion of the interview and photos from their epic set at today’s Soundwave below. Full interview live soon!
Watch: Billy Talent Saved From Stingray Plight By Bus DriverSwipe/tap ← or →
- Blink-182 Considered Ditching Travis Barker After Soundwave No-Show
- Music Feeds Podcast Episode #125: Billy Talent
- Sleeping With Sirens Part Ways With Guitarist Jesse Lawson
- Sylosis Members Hospitalised Following RV Crash, Cancel Remaining Shows
- Bring Me The Horizon Release Music Video For New Single ‘Can You Feel My Heart’
- Sharks Abruptly Announce Their Break-Up, Effective Immediately