Perth’s golden boys Birds Of Tokyo have announced that bass player Anthony Jackson is no longer in the band.
The news comes in a posting on the band’s Facebook page, which reads, “[We] wish to announce that we have come to the end of a journey with one of our own. Our mate Anthony will no longer be playing with Birds. We have always believed in organic movement and following the heart and gut. We love our friend and sincerely wish all the best for him. We are very positive about the future and look forward to walking down some amazing new avenues shortly. Stay tuned. ;)”
Triple J speculates that Ian Berney will be Jackson’s likely replacement in the band, who are soon to embark on Groovin’ The Moo dates. Having formed in 2004, Birds Of Tokyo released their most successful album to date last year, their self-titled LP.
- Rage Reveal 50 Most Popular Videos Of 2013
- Birds Of Tokyo Announce First 2014 Tour Dates
- Muse, Birds of Tokyo – Entertainment Centre, Brisbane 10/12/13
- Flume, Tame Impala, Birds Of Tokyo To Play 2013 ARIA Awards
- Guineafowl Announces New Headlining Tour Dates & Supporting Birds Of Tokyo