Alternative Press have reported that Blink-182 have been forced to cancel their appearance at this year’s Bamboozle Festival due to drummer Travis Barker needing an emergency tonsillectomy.
Well-wishes for a quick recovery were expressed via a statement released by festival organisers:
“The Bamboozle 2012 has revised its lineup for Saturday, May 19 due an emergency tonsillectomy for Travis Barker. Blink-182 will be greatly missed and all of us at The Bamboozle extend our thoughts and best wishes to Travis for a speedy recovery.”
The statement goes on to announce that alternative rock band My Chemical Romance will be filling in the vacant time slot:
“The Bamboozle is pleased to announce My Chemical Romance has been added to the lineup and will perform before the Foo Fighters on the main stage on Saturday.”
Along with the Foo Fighters, this year’s Bamboozle Festival, which takes place in New Jersey, features an eclectic line-up that includes Bon Jovi, Skrillex, Incubus and The Gaslight Anthem.
The emergency tonsillectomy has also forced Blink-182 to cancel around half a dozen shows on their North American tour. The band apologised to their fans via their official Facebook profile and gave details as to which shows would be cancelled.
Watch: Blink 182 – Josie
- Mark Hoppus Has Been In The Studio With All Time Low And There’s Video To Prove It
- Tom DeLonge Has Two Angels And Airwaves Records, Two Solo LPs & A Shitload Of Books To Release In 2015
- This Is What Blink-182 Sounds Like Without Tom DeLonge
- Tom DeLonge Is Releasing Four Albums This Year
- This Is What Blink-182 Look Like, Now All The Fighting Has Stopped
- A New Tom DeLonge Track ‘New World’ Has Landed