Alternative Press have reported that Blink-182 have been forced to cancel their appearance at this year’s Bamboozle Festival due to drummer Travis Barker needing an emergency tonsillectomy.
Well-wishes for a quick recovery were expressed via a statement released by festival organisers:
“The Bamboozle 2012 has revised its lineup for Saturday, May 19 due an emergency tonsillectomy for Travis Barker. Blink-182 will be greatly missed and all of us at The Bamboozle extend our thoughts and best wishes to Travis for a speedy recovery.”
The statement goes on to announce that alternative rock band My Chemical Romance will be filling in the vacant time slot:
“The Bamboozle is pleased to announce My Chemical Romance has been added to the lineup and will perform before the Foo Fighters on the main stage on Saturday.”
Along with the Foo Fighters, this year’s Bamboozle Festival, which takes place in New Jersey, features an eclectic line-up that includes Bon Jovi, Skrillex, Incubus and The Gaslight Anthem.
The emergency tonsillectomy has also forced Blink-182 to cancel around half a dozen shows on their North American tour. The band apologised to their fans via their official Facebook profile and gave details as to which shows would be cancelled.
Watch: Blink 182 – Josie
- Tom DeLonge Announces Blink-182 Demos LP ‘To The Stars’
- Tom DeLonge Is Releasing Blink-182 Demos And “Extra Tracks” On March 1st
- Tom DeLonge Says He’s In Danger Because Aliens, Sounds Like A Legit Crazy Person
- 7 Reasons Your Teenage Years Would Have Sucked Without Blink-182
- Is Tom DeLonge Leaking Unreleased Blink-182 Music?
- Blink-182 Considered Ditching Travis Barker After Soundwave No-Show