Since returning with Neighbourhoods in 2011, the creative floodgates have clearly stayed open for pop punk juggernaut Blink-182, announcing that they will be releasing yet another record as soon as mid-2014.
Speaking to Kerrang, bassist Mark Hoppus has explained that while they hadn’t started working on any tracks at this point, that’s not necessarily the first order of business for Blink in terms of getting together new material:
“We haven’t thought about any new songs yet… It always happens when the three of us are together in a room. Because when [we’re not touring], Tom lives in San Diego, Travis lives in Los Angeles and I live in London, so we don’t really talk all that much. But then when we get in a room together, it all falls into place and we start making jokes. That’s when we start writing songs and reconnecting with everything.”
The gap between releases has been successfully corked with the bands self-released 2012 EP Dogs Eating Dogs, which demonstrated you can still teach an old dog new tricks. Pun intended. #notsorry.
Of course, judging by the fallout from Drummergate earlier this year, the best bet is to not hold your breath for an Australian tour announcement.
(Via Dying Scene)
Gallery: Blink-182 – Allphones Arena, Sydney 20/02/2013Swipe/tap ← or →
- Blink-182’s Mark Hoppus And Travis Barker Are Tired Of Tom DeLonge’s Bullshit
- Blink-182 Part Ways With Tom DeLonge
- Tom DeLonge Discusses Blink-182’s New Album Plans
- Watch Zack De la Rocha & Travis Barker Join Run The Jewels Live
- Violent Soho Get A Shout Out From Blink-182’s Mark Hoppus
- 9 Things Everyone’s Talking About After Reading & Leeds Festival 2014