Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker has revealed via his Instagram account that he is currently penning a memoir set for release in late 2014. During a Christmas post about his children and recent sobriety, Barker revealed that he’s been working on a memoir and it is “turning out awesome.”
“My kids are my best production I’ve ever been a part of. Better than any album…or anything I’ve had a hand in making period,” the message from Barker, which was attached to a photo of himself and his young daughter, opened. Barker reflected on his sobriety before announcing his book plans.
“My 3 kids changed my life in so many ways and actually saved my life. Being sober for over a year has been the best awakening I’ve ever had too (sic),” writes Barker, before adding, “I got a memoir I’ve been workin (sic) hard on and it’s turning out awesome.”
“Its been very therapeutic for me to get this all out and into a book and hopefully it can inspire a grip of people and help many as well,” the drummer continues. “It’s comin out Fall 2014 and I can’t wait to share it with ya’ll.” According to the band, Blink-182 are also looking to release an album in 2014.
(Via Dying Scene)
- Tom DeLonge Discusses Blink-182’s New Album Plans
- Watch Zack De la Rocha & Travis Barker Join Run The Jewels Live
- Violent Soho Get A Shout Out From Blink-182’s Mark Hoppus
- 9 Things Everyone’s Talking About After Reading & Leeds Festival 2014
- Mark Hoppus Has A Timeframe For Blink-182’s New Album
- Tom DeLonge Reconfirms New Blink-182 Album, Apologises For Delay