The one and only Bob Dylan is all set to release what will be the 35th studio album from the influence folk singer/songwriter. Tempest will be released on September 11, 2012 via Columbia Records and, as noted by BPM, is produced by Dylan under the pseudonym ‘Jack Frost’, as have all Dylan studio LPs since 2000.
Tempest is the first release from Dylan consisting of new material since 2009’s Together Through Life and comes during the same year that marks the 50th anniversary of Dylan’s self-titled debut. As Music Feeds reported back in May, there had been rumblings of Dylan’s new record for sometime, with rumours of a listening party at Sony taking place and multi-instrumentalist David Hidalgo letting slip in an interview that he had been working with Dylan on new material.
To pay homage to the 50th anniversary of Dylan’s 1962 self-titled debut, Holly Throsby, Kevin Mitchell, Josh Pyke, Kav Temperley (Eskimo Joe) and Patience Hodgson (The Grates) have been performing a selection of Dylan covers together as part of a mini national tour titled Bob Dylan Night, which wraps up at Splendour in the Grass 2012.
Bob Dylan – Tempest – Track Listing:
01. Duquesne Whistle
02. Soon After Midnight
03. Narrow Way
04. Long and Wasted Years
05. Pay In Blood
06. Scarlet Town
07. Early Roman Kings
08. Tin Angel
10. Roll On John
- Bob Dylan Adds Intimate Brisbane Club Show To Australian Tour
- These Are The First Acts To Get The New J Files Treatment
- Bob Dylan Adds Final Melbourne And Perth Dates To Australian Tour
- Bob Dylan Adds Second Opera House Show To Australian Tour
- Bob Dylan Adds Opera House Show To Australian Tour
- New Bob Dylan Australian Shows Announced