The Brian Jonestown Massacre will release their previously announced new album Aufheben on the 30th April. The album will have 11 tracks including the track I Want to Hold Your Other Hand, which you can hear below.
The album name Aufheben or Aufhebung is a German word with several seemingly contradictory meanings, including “to lift up”, “to abolish”, or “to sublate”. The term has also been defined as “abolish,” “preserve,” and “transcend.” In philosophy, aufheben is used by Hegel to explain what happens when a thesis and antithesis interact.
BJM will be out here in May with Danish indie rock duo The Raveonettes.
Brian Jonestown Massacre – I Want to Hold Your Other Hand
01. Panic in Babylon
02. Viholliseni Maalla
03. Gaz Hilarant
05. I Wanna To Hold Your Other Hand
06. Face Down On The Moon
07. Clouds Are Lies
08. Stairway To The Best Party
09. Seven Kinds Of Wonderful
10. Waking Up To Hand Grenades
11. Blue Order New Monday
- The KVB Announce One-Off Melbourne Headline Show
- The Brian Jonestown Massacre Announce Meredith 2013 Sideshows
- Meredith Music Festival 2013 Lineup Announced
- Listen: Brian Jonestown Massacre ‘Aufheben’ Full Album Stream
- Dandy Warhols Will Tour Australia In 2012
- The Brian Jonestown Massacre Australian Tour 2012 – With The Raveonettes