Bruce Springsteen has unveiled the details of a forthcoming eighteenth studio album, a follow-up to 2012′s critically lauded Wrecking Ball, titled High Hopes. The 12-track album is slated for a January 14th, 2014 release, with a single of the same name reportedly likely to be released soon.
The Boss’ new album contains a mixture of new material, re-recordings of past songs (including the title track, which is a re-recording of a song previously tracked during the legend’s 1995 Greatest Hits sessions), and covers, with a guest appearance from guitarist Tom Morello.
Morello duets with Springsteen on a new version of the latter’s The Ghost of Tom Joad and reportedly plays guitar on the title track. The album also features a recording of American Skin (41 Shots), previously released as a live recording, and a cover of Suicide‘s Dream Baby Dream.
Readers can check out the cover art and full tracklisting for High Hopes, below.
Bruce Springsteen – High Hopes Tracklist
01. High Hopes
02. Harry’s Place
03. American Skin (41 Shots)
04. Just Like Fire Would
05. Down In The Hole
06. Heaven’s Wall
07. Frankie Fell In Love
08. This Is Your Sword
09. Hunter Of Invisible Game
10. The Ghost of Tom Joad (Duet with Tom Morello)
12. Dream Baby Dream
(Via Consequence of Sound)
- Springsteen Joins The Rolling Stones Onstage For ‘Tumbling Dice’
- Rolling Stones Top Billboard’s Highest Grossing Live Acts List
- Courtney Love’s Springsteen Dis Ended In Letters Of Apology
- Sax Appeal: 12 Songs That Prove Saxophones Belong In Rock & Roll
- Courtney Love Shuns Springsteen’s Sax Appeal