The Boss is taking names and kicking ass on this new record Wrecking Ball, set for release on March 5, 2012.
NME has reported that Springsteen revealed some new material from Wrecking Ball during a recent press conference at Theatre Marigny in Paris. While showcasing his new works, Springsteen spoke about the inspiration behind Wrecking Ball, saying he was motivated by the economic crisis of the US and the lack of accountability.
“I have spent my life judging the distance between American reality and the American dream.”
When speaking with The Guardian Springsteen added,
“What was done to our country was wrong and unpatriotic and un-American and nobody has been held to account. There is a real patriotism underneath the best of my music, but it is a critical, questioning and often angry patriotism.”
Springsteen is currently scheduled to attend South By Southwest in Austin, Texas on March 15 where he will be appearing as the keynote speaker.
Check out Spingsteen’s latest single We Take Care Of Our Own
- Dr Dre’s 2014 Income Is The Highest Of Any Musician Ever
- Watch “U2 Minus 1″ Perform Their First, Probably Only, Gig
- Dave Grohl & Bruce Springsteen Played An Anti-War Song At A Concert Honouring Troops
- Springsteen Joins The Rolling Stones Onstage For ‘Tumbling Dice’
- Rolling Stones Top Billboard’s Highest Grossing Live Acts List
- Courtney Love’s Springsteen Dis Ended In Letters Of Apology