The Boss is taking names and kicking ass on this new record Wrecking Ball, set for release on March 5, 2012.
NME has reported that Springsteen revealed some new material from Wrecking Ball during a recent press conference at Theatre Marigny in Paris. While showcasing his new works, Springsteen spoke about the inspiration behind Wrecking Ball, saying he was motivated by the economic crisis of the US and the lack of accountability.
“I have spent my life judging the distance between American reality and the American dream.”
When speaking with The Guardian Springsteen added,
“What was done to our country was wrong and unpatriotic and un-American and nobody has been held to account. There is a real patriotism underneath the best of my music, but it is a critical, questioning and often angry patriotism.”
Springsteen is currently scheduled to attend South By Southwest in Austin, Texas on March 15 where he will be appearing as the keynote speaker.
Check out Spingsteen’s latest single We Take Care Of Our Own
- Handwritten Bruce Springsteen ‘Born To Run’ Lyrics Sell For $197K At Auction
- Dan Sultan To Get Under Your Skin On National Tour
- Bruce Springsteen’s Australian Connection On New Album
- Bruce Springsteen Announces New Album ‘High Hopes’ For 2014
- Watch Rock In Rio 2013 Live Stream, Full Sets And Highlights