The Boss is taking names and kicking ass on this new record Wrecking Ball, set for release on March 5, 2012.
NME has reported that Springsteen revealed some new material from Wrecking Ball during a recent press conference at Theatre Marigny in Paris. While showcasing his new works, Springsteen spoke about the inspiration behind Wrecking Ball, saying he was motivated by the economic crisis of the US and the lack of accountability.
“I have spent my life judging the distance between American reality and the American dream.”
When speaking with The Guardian Springsteen added,
“What was done to our country was wrong and unpatriotic and un-American and nobody has been held to account. There is a real patriotism underneath the best of my music, but it is a critical, questioning and often angry patriotism.”
Springsteen is currently scheduled to attend South By Southwest in Austin, Texas on March 15 where he will be appearing as the keynote speaker.
Check out Spingsteen’s latest single We Take Care Of Our Own
- Bruce Springsteen Covers Lorde’s ‘Royals’ In Auckland
- Bruce Springsteen Covers Bee Gees’ ‘Stayin’ Alive’ In Brisbane
- Bruce Springsteen Releasing Four New Songs For Record Store Day
- Watch Springsteen Pay Tribute To INXS & The Easybeats In Sydney
- Eddie Vedder Joins Bruce Springsteen In Melbourne