Only a matter of days after very publicly rage-quitting not only The Mars Volta but also (briefly) his twitter account, Cedric Bixler-Zavala has returned to the microblogging circus, making the most of the current buzz around his account by plugging his currently untitled forthcoming solo album.
Bixler-Zavala announced that he has now completed 3 more tracks to be featured on his solo record he is currently working on with fellow musician and production whiz Noah Georgeson. Apparently all that’s left is for the vocal tracks to be laid down before they are complete.
The ex-vocalist for the now-defunct TMV was also sure to warn his fans that he’s not out to retread old ground, tweeting, “It might lightly rock but not like I’m known for.” Bixler-Zavala’s previous solo projects have all been pretty out-there, with a few instrumental releases as well as previous collaborations all taking their own unique form.
What makes this news all the more impressive is that he has confirmed he will be embarking on a solo world tour in the near future. As well as local LA shows, he is bound to end up Down Under eventually.
“Keep your ears to the ground,” he concludes. But then how will we hear that new music, Ced?!
- Cedric Bixler-Zavala Announces New Band Zavalaz
- Omar Rodriguez-Lopez’s Bosnian Rainbows Release Album Trailer & Details
- The Mars Volta Are No More, Cedric Quits Via Twitter
- Cedric Bixler-Zavala Could Be Working On A Solo Album
- Members From Mastodon, Dillinger, Converge, Mars Volta And Soulfly Form Super Metal Band