Image for Chance The Rapper Says Working With Kanye West Is 75 Per Cent “Lectures From Kanye”Image: Twitter

Chance The Rapper Says Working With Kanye West Is 75 Per Cent “Lectures From Kanye”

Written by Sam Murphy on May 18, 2017

Chance The Rapper is a big fan and a friend of Kanye West and any opportunity he gets to talk about him in an interview he takes.

He’s opened up to Teen Vogue about what it’s like being in the studio with the fellow Chicago rapper and it sounds like it’s exactly what you’d expect it to be like.

“He’s very big on multitasking,” Chance said.

“We’ll have a studio rented out, and he’ll bounce between rooms working on different songs, writing for a second or adding or subtracting productions.”

Here’s the best part though. Apparently, Yeezy likes to spend 25 per cent of his time generating “productive ideas” while the other 75 per cent is, “lectures from Kanye, where he tells you exactly how he views the world.”

“Honesty that definitely gets your creativity and strong opinions out on the floor. I think it helped me find myself. I’m a young dude from Chicago who grew up with Kanye as my image of hip-hop. Finding your voice in a room where you have to challenge Kanye is scary — but it’s also life-affirming.”

In other Chance news, he dropped a new song today with Kanye collaborator Francis And The Lights. He jumped on the remix of Francis’ May I Have This Dance. Hear it below.

Join Music Feeds on Facebook

monitoring_string = "5ddc797c5ea15f4a20f5b456893873a5"