Coachella 2013 hype is spreading across the globe as rumours gather momentum and speculation becomes confirmation. The first act confirmed for this year’s Coachella are psytrance powerhouse Infected Mushroom.
However, rather than the announcement coming from Coachella, it was the Israeli outfit that spilled the beans during an interview with Live For Live Music. When asked by LFLM about the band’s summer festival plans, Infected Mushroom responded with, “When this is going up?… I could say Coachella but I’m not allowed to.”
While we wait for Coachella to officially announce their 2013 lineup, the festival has posted a cryptic video titled Bloom on its YouTube Channel (below). The clip’s title has sparked rumours of dream-pop duo Beach House being a part of the lineup, based on their 2012 album, also called Bloom.
Huffington Post have guessed that Radiohead could make back-to-back appearance based on the music in the clip being composed by Romain Segaud, who has worked with the band in the past and, again, linking that title Bloom to the Radiohead song of the same name.
Among other acts rumoured to perform at Coachella are The Postal Service, who are heavily favoured to appear following the release of Give Up Deluxe 10th Anniversary Edition.
Meanwhile Consequence Of Sound have tipped popular indie music acts Grizzly Bear and The XX to play the popular festival based on their upcoming North American tour dates. Ska act The Selecter also have their name in the rumours arena.
Stay tuned to Music Feeds to catch the official Coachella 2013 lineup.
Watch: Coachella – Bloom
- Coachella 2014 Dates Released, Early Bird Tickets Available Friday
- Coachella Festival 2013 Weekend Two, Indio, California – 19th-22nd April, 2013
- WATCH: Jimmy Kimmel Trolls Coachella Hipsters With Fake Bands
- Listen: Janelle Monáe Releases ‘Q.U.E.E.N.’ Featuring Erykah Badu
- WATCH: 2 Chainz Performs With Fall Out Boy, Major Lazer At Coachella 2013
- Grimes Is Two-Fifths Finished On New Album Inspired By Paramore, Enya And Nine Inch Nails