Coldplay have announced today that their soon-to-be-released live performance film Live 2012 will be screened in over 50 countries all over the world, and yes. fellow Australians, that includes us.
The film, which will go quickly to DVD after the screenings, will hit the big screen prior to the release date of November 19, alongside the album version. November 13 is when you will be able to catch the flick, for one night only.
If you head over to the Official Coldplay Website and allow it to detect your location, you will be served up a list of cinemas that will be showing the film in your state. The bulk of ours will go to Event Cinemas and their affiliates, depending on which state you live in.
The film was aptly directed by Paul Dugdale, who also sat behind the camera on Adele‘s Live at the Royal Albert Hall DVD. Dugdale filmed all sorts of footage from the band’s Mylo Zyloto tour, which kicked off last year, and then compiled all the footage for the film. So don’t expect any of that stock-standard band DVDs that we’ve been inundated with recently.
Bonus features include a live e-book, which is an AV companion to the DVD, or so says Diffuser, as well as a bit of footage from behind the closed covers of Chris Martin’s tour diary.
If none of that geed you up, the trailer surely will. Check it out below.
- Coldplay Already Working On Their Next Album, Planning Tour
- Coldplay And Cat Power Team Up On ‘I Wish I Was Here’
- How Hobart Airport Cancelled A Surprise Coldplay Gig
- Did Coldplay Rip Off Sticky Fingers’ Newtown Video?
- Watch Kylie Minogue Join Coldplay On Stage In Sydney
- Watch Coldplay’s Sydney-Shot ‘A Sky Full Of Stars’ Video