Now, this is one supergroup we can’t wait to hear from. Blur‘s Damon Albarn, Red Hot Chili Peppers’ Flea, Franz Ferdinand’s Alex Kapranos and Yeah Yeah Yeahs’ Nick Zinner have gotten together to contribute to a track, and it’s all in the name of charity, with proceeds going to Oxfam’s Syria Crisis Appeal.
The four will all feature on the song from Fresh Touch, a musical project by Richard Russell, XL records head honcho, and producer Rodaidh McDonald. It’s 1 of 10 exclusive 12″ vinyl releases that will be sold at London’s Independent Label Market next weekend, with other artists donating tracks, including Charli XCX, Beth Orton and Editors.
Each vinyl is limited to 50 copies and will be hand-numbered, selling for £10 each, with the money raised providing assistance to people affected by the conflict in Syria. And if you can’t find the time to drop by London next weekend, head to eBay: the Independent Label Market will also be auctioning off a complete set of the 10 records.
Oxfam Syria Crisis Appeal tracks
Fresh Touch – Latest Style (Angular Records)
Beth Orton – Carmella (Four Tet remix) (Heavenly)
Tim Burgess – The Doors Of Then (Factory Floor – Dominic Butler ‘Michael Cliffe House remix’) (O Genesis)
Django Django – Love’s Dart (Liquid Liquid remix) (Because)
Loefah feat. Trigga – Western (Did A Skank) (Swamp 81)
Planningtorock – The One (Bolton remix) (Human Level)
The Wave Pictures – Lisbon (Moshi Moshi)
Editors – Ton Of Love (Acoustic Version) (Play It Again Sam)
Scott & Charlene’s Wedding – No Fun (Fire)
J£zus Million feat. Charli XCX – Illusions Of (Double Denim)
- Steel Panther Want To Knock The Chili Sauce Out Of Anthony Kiedis’ Head
- Flea May Have Accidentally Revealed Red Hot Chili Peppers’ New Producer
- Karen O Says Yeah Yeah Yeahs Are On “A Bit Of A Hiatus”
- De La Soul Will Join Damon Albarn At Tonight’s Sydney Opera House Shows
- Damon Albarn Cancels Opera House Show Following Sydney Siege
- RHCP Drummer Says He’s Not Done With Will Ferrell, Plans Combined Charity Show