The beauty of social media is once again shining through with the Dandy Warhols tweeting that they will be touring Australia in the fall. The band tweeted a response to Anton Newcombe, frontman of the Brian Jonestown Massacre, telling him that they would be adding more gigs to their already busy schedule.
Anton Newcombe will be touring with his band this May, supported by none other than The Raveonettes. It’s unclear when The Dandy Warhols actually said they would tour, as the tweet mentions them playing the “US in fall”, subsequently meaning that they would hit Australia before they returned to the US, making both a Splendour or Harvest appearance possible, maybe even a solo tour. Whatever the date, The Dandy Warhols put on an incredible show and although they tour quite frequently, it seems that each concert is better than the last.
@antonnewcombe Have 42 listed now, but i know we’re adding more festivals in Europe, adding Australia, and possibly more US in fall
— The Dandy Warhols (@TheDandyWarhols) April 11, 2012
- The Dandy Warhols Add Yet Another Show To Australian Tour
- The Dandy Warhols Announce Extra Shows For 2014 Australian Tour
- The Dandy Warhols Second Melbourne Show Announced
- The Dandy Warhols Announce Australian Tour
- The KVB Announce One-Off Melbourne Headline Show