It seems that Australian musicians are joining in on the current Olympics hype. Silverchair’s Daniel Johns has teamed up with the Australian Chamber Orchestra for the tune that will soundtrack Qantas’ Olympics commercial.
The tune, titled Atlas, can only be described as epic, swelling scales and totally climatic. Johns is simply a magician and was overjoyed to collaborate with the Australian Chamber Orchestra. “I’d never had a brief before,” he commented on the experience, “I wanted to make something that sounded international because Qantas is representing Australia, so I wanted it to sound big. It was a conscious effort to make a good piece of music and not just a jingle.”
Other songs that have been composed for the Olmypics include works from The Chemical Brothers, whose tune will soundtrack the indoor cycling events, and Muse, whose track Survival will be the theme song for the overall event.
Check out the video and the track below.
- Daniel Johns Solo Album Set For 2014 Release
- 360 And Daniel Johns Tease New Single ‘Impossible’
- Daniel Johns Working On Solo Record With Lorde Producer
- Kimbra And Daniel Johns Perform With Van Dyke Parks
- 360 Collaborating With Daniel Johns, The Presets For Next Album
- Luke Steele And Daniel Johns Collaborating On New Material