It seems that Australian musicians are joining in on the current Olympics hype. Silverchair’s Daniel Johns has teamed up with the Australian Chamber Orchestra for the tune that will soundtrack Qantas’ Olympics commercial.
The tune, titled Atlas, can only be described as epic, swelling scales and totally climatic. Johns is simply a magician and was overjoyed to collaborate with the Australian Chamber Orchestra. “I’d never had a brief before,” he commented on the experience, “I wanted to make something that sounded international because Qantas is representing Australia, so I wanted it to sound big. It was a conscious effort to make a good piece of music and not just a jingle.”
Other songs that have been composed for the Olmypics include works from The Chemical Brothers, whose tune will soundtrack the indoor cycling events, and Muse, whose track Survival will be the theme song for the overall event.
Check out the video and the track below.
- Hear Daniel Johns’ Super-Smooth New Song ‘Aerial Love’
- Six Video Highlights From Triple J’s Beat The Drum Birthday Gig
- Daniel Johns Teases First Solo Release, ‘Aerial Love’, Coming Next Week
- Watch Daniel Johns Cover Nirvana’s ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ At triple j’s Beat The Drum
- Beat The Drum – Sydney, The Domain 16/01/15
- triple j’s ‘Beat The Drum’ Birthday Concert Lineup Expands