Dave Grohl may be busy making headlines with his all-star super group Sound City Players and his upcoming documentary Sound City, but that doesn’t mean the Foo Fighter frontman hasn’t forgotten his darker side.
As reported by Anti Quiet, Grohl’s drumming skills are set to pop up on a B-side by Swedish heavy metal band Ghost. Making matters even more intriguing is that the track in question is a cover of the 1977 Abba tune I’m a Marionette.
The cover, which was also produced by Grohl, appears alongside Ghost’s new single Secular Haze. In regards to giving Abba a heavy metal makeover, Ghost said it was their mission to reinterpret the tune almost beyond recognition.
“Unfortunately most metal bands, most rock bands…just want it to sound like the original band. That’s not at all what Ghost’s about. We wanna – I don’t want to say destroy it – but I want to say we want to make it in an unrecognizable, twisty way — and the same goes for ABBA.”
The single + B-side are available for purchase here
- Dave Grohl And Courtney Love Have Bonded Over Strippers, Tequila And A $10K Bet
- Hear BBC’s All-Star ‘God Only Knows’ Cover Featuring Every Musician Ever
- GWAR Spare Dave Grohl’s Life Following Dave Brockie Tribute
- Dave Grohl’s Still On A Crusade Against Reality Singing Shows
- Dave Grohl Was All Kinds Of Awesome At This Hollywood Event
- Ghost’s Papa Emeritus II Has Been Unmasked