The trailer for Dave Grohl’s documentary about legendary recording studio Sound City has surfaced online. The studio, which was used to record Nirvana’s legendary album Nevermind, was shut down last year, which greatly upset Grohl, so he decided to make a movie about it. Sounds reasonable.
Speaking out about the film, Grohl told CraveOnline that “When Sound City closed last year it was a very sad day,”
“That place was like a church. The list of people that recorded there is like a virtual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. We recorded Nevermind there back in 1991. That funky old place had the best drum room in the world. The drum sound at the beginning of ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit?’ That’s Sound City. I decided to make a film about that feeling when you put five guys in a room, hit ‘record’ and the hair on the back of your neck stands up. Expect some epic jam sessions.”
The trailer itself includes a star studded line-up including; Trent Reznor, Joshua Homme, Mick Fleetwood, Tom Petty, Lars Ulrich, Krist Novoselic, Alain Johannes, Chris Goss, Cheap Trick, Corey Taylor, Stephen Pearcy and many, many more. And if that is anything to go off, the documentary itself is sure to have a whole lot more.
- GWAR Spare Dave Grohl’s Life Following Dave Brockie Tribute
- Jack White Jabs Foo Fighters For Clickbait’s Sake
- Yes, It Is Foo Fighters Day Right Now
- Watch Foo Fighters Mash Up New Song ‘Outside’ & ‘The Pretender’
- Foo Fighters Share New ‘Sonic Highways’ Lyrics
- Watch Foo Fighters Perform In An Abandoned Train Tunnel