Another day, another outlandish statement by a Gallagher brother. Today it’s Mr Noel Gallagher, and the ex-Oasis guitarist and High Flying Birds frontman is saying that David Bowie could release another album, following last month’s surprise release The Next Day.
Gallagher isn’t revealing his sources, but he reportedly told The Sun, “According to people I’ve spoken to, there’s another album in the pipeline. There was, like, 29 songs or something.”
Gallagher has previously expressed his love for The Thin White Duke, saying that Bowie’s new material “blew his mind”. But the 45-year-old guitarist and singer has no idea when the new tracks might surface, saying, “I don’t know what’s next for Bowie. He could disappear for another ten years or there could be another album. He might do the greatest tour of all time or he might never gig again. Who knows?”
The Next Day, Bowie’s 24th studio album, was unexpectedly announced on the singer’s 66th birthday last January, his first release in over 10 years, surprising fans who thought that he had retired. His wife Iman all but confirmed that the Changes legend would go on tour in support of the album, although we’re yet to get confirmation on that.
Although one can always expect the unexpected from Mr Bowie, perhaps we’ll wait for word from the man himself before we get our hopes up for a tour or another new album.
- Watch Prince And Nile Rodgers Jam On David Bowie’s ‘Let’s Dance’
- Watch Mick Jagger & David Bowie Dancing In The Street Without Music
- Sax Appeal: 12 Songs That Prove Saxophones Belong In Rock & Roll
- Damon Albarn: “An Album With Noel Gallagher Is A Distinct Possibility”
- Arctic Monkeys And David Bowie Clean Up At 2014 Brit Awards
- Watch Noel Gallagher Take The Piss Out Of Oasis Videos