Dinosaur Jr. have been transformed from puny humans with a limited lifespan to immortal dolls that shall forever occupy shelf space. As reported by Pitchfork, the Dinosaur Jr. dolls come courtesy of Argentinian company Mediodescocido, who have fashioned ‘art dolls’ of Dave Grohl, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, in addition to others.
As for Dinosaur Jr. – the trio of J Mascis, Lou Barlow and Murph will be in Australia next year as part of Golden Plains Festival. The alternative rock act will also be playing a whole heap of headlining sideshows, with The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion and Moon Duo joining Dinosaur Jr. in Perth.
Pitchfork note that it’s quite a year for Dinosaur Jr. – who reformed in 2005. 2012 has seen the release of LP I Bet On Sky, in addition to a live album to celebrate the 25th anniversary of 1987 album You’re Living All Over Me and a J Mascis Bobblehead.
- Dinosaur Jr, The Hi Fi Sydney – 16/03/2013
- Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, The Hi-Fi, Sydney – 09/03/2013
- Watch: Dinosaur Jr. Joined By Heaps Of Special Guests In New York
- Moon Duo Announce ‘Circular Australian 2013′ Tour
- Dinosaur Jr. Announce Australian Tour, March 2013
- Dinosaur Jr’s J Mascis’ Guitar Stolen