It looks as though we have a strong contender for Soundwave 2014. AJ Maddah has revealed that Disturbed were on his list for this year, which didn’t happen, but following talks, next year might be a different story.
What is extra remarkable about this is that at this point in time there is no Disturbed. Back in 2011, the band officially went on hiatus. According to a recent tweet, Maddah spoke with frontman David Draiman and his manager, leaving him “quite hopeful” that the band will be on the 2014 bill.
Maddah has proven that he has the power to bring high-profile bands together. Just last year Coal Chamber regrouped for the tour, and he convinced Travis Barker to fly again.
Other bands being tossed around for Soundwave 2014 include Godsmack, Panic! At the Disco, Joan Jett and Simple Plan.
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) January 21, 2013
- Soundwave Lose $10,000 Bond Over Excessive Noise
- Travis Barker Says Blink-182 Have To “Get Their Shit Together” Before Recording
- AJ Maddah Says Keeping Perth Soundwave Would Kill Festival
- The Dillinger Escape Plan – The Hi-Fi, Melbourne 27/02/14
- Soundwave Updates Adelaide Timetable As Volbeat Withdraw