Though their break-up was not going to be put into full effect until final shows in Canada as well as Australia for the Soundwave tour, Dr. Acula have announced that their dismemberment will be immediate, prompting Soundwave boss AJ Maddah to make the final call via Twitter.
Maddah has confirmed that the band will not be performing at any of the shows, nor will there be any Australian tour whatsoever. There’s no word yet on who will be replacing the band. Sparks the Rescue were on the ball, putting their hand up straight away, though as Maddah has said, he may have promised it to another band.
Dr. Acula made the announcement that they would be breaking up back in October. They released official statements, and from all accounts it seems that on its final legs, the band was a dysfunctional mess with external and internal conflicts inhibiting any form of progression. The band was down to one original member Bill Graffeo, who left them a few months ago following personal issues.
Have just been notified that Dr Acula’s break-up is immediate and they will not be coming to Australia #SW13
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) November 13, 2012
- Blink-182 Considered Ditching Travis Barker After Soundwave No-Show
- Sleeping With Sirens Part Ways With Guitarist Jesse Lawson
- Sylosis Members Hospitalised Following RV Crash, Cancel Remaining Shows
- Bring Me The Horizon Release Music Video For New Single ‘Can You Feel My Heart’
- Sharks Abruptly Announce Their Break-Up, Effective Immediately
- Dave Lombardo No Longer Focusing On Slayer