Obviously a very close observer of the meteoric rise of Eminem following his 2010 album Recovery, Dr Dre has revealed that the resurgence of his protege has left him with an itch that can only be scratched in the studio. And not from behind the mixing board…
Speaking with Power 106 FM, Dre has mentioned that “Em is finishing up his project. And for me, I’ve just got inspired again to go back into the studio.. I’m just really having fun with life and having fun with being creative and trying new and different things with myself, just trying to stay active.” Probably a poor choice of words given that 80 year olds ‘try to stay active’, but nonetheless it looks like Dre’s got ideas.
Dre’s Detox album is the stuff of myth currently. It’s taken more than a decade to finish the album, and even though some tracks have been released, no one really knows what’s going on with that album. In 2011 Dre announced that he would be stepping away from music altogether once he had finished working on then current projects, such as Kendrick Lamar’s album.
During the interview, Dre has expressed the early signs of being burned out, but seems hopeful that one day we could have the release to 1999’s 2001: “As you know, it’s been almost 30 years for me in music.
“It’s a little bit difficult to keep getting inspired to get back in there, but you know, music is my first love and I’m going to continue to do that as long as I can.”
- Iggy Azalea Fires Back At “Old Man” Eminem’s Rape Lyric
- Listen To Eminem’s All-Star Track ‘Detroit Vs. Everybody’
- Eminem Pisses Off Just About Everybody With New Shady Records Cypher
- Dr Dre Surpasses Diddy To Become The Richest Star In Hip-Hop
- Eminem Suing NZ National Party Over Copyright Infringement
- Eminem Shares New Double Album ‘Shady XV’ Details