Booming Sydney dance duo PNAU have helped Elton John get his first number one album in his homeland in 22 years – with their collaboration topping the UK charts this week.
The collaboration – Good Morning To The Night – is a reworked selection of John’s classic hits from 1970-1976. John gave the duo access to his back catalogue to put a new spin on the tracks.
Good Morning To The Night held off Maroon 5’s Overexposed and Frank Ocean’s Channel Orange to reign supreme on the charts this week, with Paul Simon’s Graceland and Ed Sheeran’s + rounding out the top five.
You can listen to a podcast of an interview which Music Feeds‘ Patrick Abboud did with PNAU’s Peter Mayes about the album here.
Last week, Elton John announced an Australian Tour in November, with dates in Perth, Canberra and Sydney only.
- Pnau – New Year, New Album
- Empire Of The Sun’s New Album Will Definitely Arrive In 2013
- PNAU, AJAX To Headline 2012 NYE ‘On The Harbour’
- Elton John VS Pnau Australian Set Announced November 16, Sydney Entertainment Centre
- Watch: Elton John and Pnau – Interview
- Podcast: Pnau Talks Remixing Elton John