Elton John has been forced to cancel four shows in Las Vegas this weekend as he recovers from a serious respiratory infection.
The Rocket Man himself was hospitalised in Los Angeles yesterday American time (May 23) and took a series of tests at Cesar-Sinai Hospital as a result of respiratory problems, according to TMZ and Ultimate Classic Rock.
Elton has apparently been released, but he has been prescribed with antibiotics and ordered to rest and not perform any shows for seven days.
Fans have a little bit of good news though – Elton has vowed to return to Las Vegas with his Million Dollar Piano in October.
“All I can say to the fans is ‘sorry I can’t be with you’… I love performing the show and I will be thrilled when we return to the Colosseum in October to complete the 11 concerts”, he told TMZ.
- #Elton John
- LISTEN: Queens Of The Stone Age Preview Brand-New Track, Detail Elton John Collab
- Listen: Fall Out Boy Stream ‘Save Rock And Roll’ In Full
- Fall Out Boy Check In From The Studio…With Elton John
- Chinese Political Activist Ai Weiwei Is Making…A Metal Album?
- Queens Of The Stone Age Drop New Head-Scratcher